Friday, January 15, 2010

FIRST BLOG OF THE YEAR

Hey,

I know-I know, it's been forever since I last made a blog entry. For anyone who happens to follow this blog, I apologize. Last semester was a huge ordeal for me. Along with classes, I was also working as the Student Admissions Association Coordinator, a writing Tutor,and the Food Committee Chair of SGA. I also had a part in our school production of "Our Town", and I had to work on putting together our school paper. There's probably other stuff, but I won't bore you with the details. Needless to say, it was a rough semester, but I came through with good grades and am ready to leave it behind.

Anyway, Christmas was a lot of fun for me. I had the full series of both “The Wire” and “Battlestar Galactica” (both excellent shows which you should check out as soon as humanely possible). I had the whole extended family over (both of my sisters and their husbands) so I had to spend a lot of money on presents this year. The rate this is going, I’ll have no money left by the time my sisters start having kids! (this is all, of course, in jest).

So far, this semester seems to be going well. I’m currently taking Spanish 102, Film Studies and a class called Memoirs. What’s really cool about the Memoirs course is that we actually get to travel downtown every Wednesday to the Metro Women’s Prison in Atlanta and have class with some of the inmates. Our first venture will be this upcoming Wednesday, so I’ll let you all know how that goes.

Also, I finally ended up settling on a major (though this will probably change). I am now officially an English/Film Studies major.

Finally, since 2009 has come and gone, I figured I’d leave you guys with a list of my top ten favorite movies of the year. Feel free to comment on my choices or post some of your own! And, yes, I am aware Avatar is not on my list.

Catch ya’ll later!
Mark

TOP TEN OF 2009
1.Where the Wild Things Are
2.The Brothers Bloom
3.Observe and Report
4.A Single Man
5.Inglourious Basterds
6.The Hurt Locker
7.The Hangover
8.Moon
9.District 9
10.Star Trek

No comments:

Post a Comment