Friday, May 21, 2010

Summertime :)

Summer time is here, and I am really enjoying relaxing (aka sleeping late, manicure/pedicure, friends, cookouts, chillin), but it is almost time for me to pack my bags and head to the Twin Cities. I am doing research this summer at the University of Minnesota. It's the farthest I've lived away from home, but I am VERY excited to get started with research. I'll be researching signalling in the immune system in regard to the action of t lymphocytes (sorry if you are reading this and are like blah I hate science:).

Anyway, I miss Oxford so very much. But it's not necessarily the campus that makes Oxford the amazing place that it is. I couldn't join them, but a group of my friends got together for dinner this week and played frisbee. I saw facebook pictures of course and it made me sooooo happy to see that we are going to be able to hold onto those friendships we make at Oxford. I just got a webcam and skype (yeah I know I'm a little behind), so now I can see my school pals all summer!!!!

I can't wait to meet the freshman class!! Looking forward to an AWESOME sophomore year, but enjoying my summer so far :)
tootles

No comments:

Post a Comment