Wednesday, June 9, 2010

From Oxford to Oxford

It’s almost been a month since the end of my first year of college. My first year of college was filled to the brim with various things that made my experience so enjoyable. Looking back, it seems crazy that I managed to do so much in such a short period of time.

Summer has been relaxing so far. I’ve done various sorts of activities in order to keep myself busy. It is great to finally have some time to read for leisure. I’m currently tackling The Brother’s Karamazov by Fyodor Dostoevsky. Not only have I been able to read, I’ve also been able to do some writing and even draw. The rest of my time is spent playing basketball, running, or watching sports. I run three times a week on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. I've managed to cover about five miles a day in recent weeks.

June 29. That is the day I’m leaving the US for the UK. In less than two months I will have gone from one Oxford to the other. Oxford University is one of the oldest universities in the world. It would be an understatement to say that I’m extremely excited about this trip. This will be my first venture into Europe and I expect I will learn plenty during my stay in the UK. I am taking two classes: British Anti-Slavery and Chuchill and Modern Britain.

Stay tuned for more on Jeffrey’s Summer Adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment