Saturday, May 22, 2010

Summer at MCG!

Hello summer readers!

It's Lizzy again and it's summertime! So exciting!

This summer, I am taking part in an undergraduate research program at Medical College of Georgia is Augusta! I have finished my first week (of nine) and I am having a great time. There are 25 students in the program. 14 of the students are from the Augusta area and the rest of us are from all over. The 11 non-Augusta people are living in the dorms on campus. So, I'm working in a lab helping my mentor with his research on NELF and it's role in IHH/KS (a puberty disorder). I'll be confirming the mutations in certain genes in patients who have the disorder. And when I'm not in lab, we have workshops for all the STAR participants. Also, all the dorm people chill and hang out.

Anyways, at the end of the program, I have to put together a poster presentation.

Well, back to researching. Look back for more updates!

Peace and love,
Lizzy

No comments:

Post a Comment