Thursday, April 29, 2010

Finals, finals and more finals

Well, it's that time of the year again: the end of the semester. Which means summer vacation, no work, hanging out at the beach and finals! Ahhhhh! This semester I have four final exams, but they are all spread out very nicely. Only one a day. I had my first this morning at 9am. I thought it went quite well. It was for my Art History class which has been a really fabulous break from all of my science classes. Tomorrow is Political Science, then Chemistory and Zoology next week. Then, graduation from Oxford!

I'm bittersweet about my time ending at Oxford. I have loved all of my experiences here and I cannot imagine how different I would be if I went someplace else. Oxford has given me so much: wonderful, caring professors, leadership opportunities, fabulous friends and most of all - I found my passion for genetics research. So, while this is an end to my career at Oxford, it is a new beginning for a new chapter in my life. In the fall, I am taking some higher-level Biology courses and I'm getting to meet so many new people.

But first, this summer I shall be at the Medical College of Georgia performing Biomedical research. It is going to be a wonderful experience meeting new people who share some similar passions to myself.

Well, back to studying. But look out for my posts over the summer!

Peace and love,
Lizzy

No comments:

Post a Comment